National News Coverage of Sarah Palin and Oystergate!!!

I am amazed at what has happened.  The Sarah Palin “Oystergate” scandal is becoming a major national news story!!!  I just pulled this off of the wire 10 minutes ago.   (If you are just finding out about this story here are links to the original article and Palin’s reply)

Click here for up to the minute coverage of Sarah Palin and the Oystergate scandal!!!

Angry Swedish Protestors In Front of The Ikea in Bloomington, Minnesota

Bloomington, MN (API)-In a bizarre scandal that is being called “Oystergate”, Sarah Palin is being accused of having a deep hatred of Swedish people.  This story began when Palin agreed to write a music interview on a small website called “The Tyranny of Tradition”.  Palin’s review, in which she shared her feelings about music including a love for the rock group The Blue Oyster Cult, started off as a simple discussion of heavy metal and quickly turned into an anti-Swedish diatribe where she claimed to be concerned about “slick talking Swedish terrorists” and referred to the government of Sweden as being “brutal and oppressive”.  In a follow-up email, Palin added fuel to the fire by misquoting William Shakespeare and saying that there was “something rotten in the state of Sweden”.

The Swedish Embassy officially condemned Palin’s remarks.  Swedish spokesman Per Gustafson said, “The Swedish people are deeply offended by Palin’s statement.  Anti-Swedism has no place in the world of mature political communication.”

Late in the afternoon, things took a decided turn for the worse for the Palin camp.  Helen Blomquist, the personal housekeeper for the Palins from 2006 until 2008, dropped a bombshell when she accused Palin of using anti-Swedish language around their Wasilla home.  According to Blomquist, during a heated meeting with one of her top advisors, Palin shouted “Grow up!  Stop acting like such a Swede!”

Blomquist also claims that, as a sick joke, she was regularly pelted with Swedish fish and subjected to mocking anti-Swede insults by Mrs. Palin and her husband Todd.

In the wake of the growing scandal, the Palin camp has issued a statement saying, “Sarah has nothing but love and appreciation for the Swedish people.  The comments of Mrs. Blomquist are entirely untrue.  Any accusations of Anti-Swedism are purely a creation of the left-wing media.”

However, growing tension has clearly plagued Palin’s staff. Hilda Erickson, Palin’s Chief of Swedish Relations, resigned this afternoon citing “personal, family related reasons.”

Swedish-Americans have taken to the streets to voice their outrage at Palin’s comments.  A group of nearly 500 angry Swedes stood in front of the IKEA in Bloomington, Minnesota today carrying protest signs, shouting “Palin hates Swedes” and proudly singing the Swedish National Anthem.  Hilmar Lindquist, head of the Swedes For America group, has demanded an apology.  Until Palin apologizes, Lindquist and several of his followers have begun a 40 day lingonberry-only fast.

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. #1 by Marty O on January 14, 2011 - 8:42 PM

At first, I thought this was a joke, but I’ve heard about this from about 5 different people today. She shouldn’t have said what she said!!! That was wrong!

2. #2 by JaneBanks on January 14, 2011 - 8:43 PM

Palin is a fool!

• #3 by Keith Spillett on January 15, 2011 - 3:10 PM

She’s a metalhead and, therefore, she’s okay with me.

3. #4 by brucetheeconomist on January 15, 2011 - 1:40 AM

At least on one point let me defend Mrs. P. Could saying something is rotten Swenden be more an attempt at humor than a misquote? Just sayin…

• #5 by Keith Spillett on January 15, 2011 - 3:11 PM

Could be. It’s not like she said “something is rotten in the state of Los Angeles”.

4. #6 by LaughingSwede on January 18, 2011 - 8:57 AM

I have to say, Palin is a great amusement, She is way more fun than Bush and his some what (read really) stupid statements.

But i have to say though one of the things that amuse me the most on this blog post is the picture of “Angry Swedish Protestors In Front of The Ikea in Bloomington, Minnesota” witch well portrait a group of Thai protesters… hence the thai wrightings on their bandannas and the Thai flags, and also if you want to go into more biological proof, all of them have a more “eastern asia apperence” not that there is no Asians from or in Sweden(thats in northern europe)It’s just that if you put one and one together you see that the image is… well really out of context.

other than that great post, and i look forward to hear more about Palin and her statements about Sweden as a left-winged communist regime(even though Swedens government leads by a right-winged liberal party) and read more from posts about our super high taxes and our free limousines 🙂

Cheers
    A typical Swede

5. #7 by Keith Spillett on January 18, 2011 - 7:13 PM

Palin’s pretty amusing. She’s an almost constant source of humor for us. Luckily, she’s a source of amusement that currently has no access to nuclear weapons!

When Sarah and I were hanging out at a Bathory concert some years back, she got me all confused by telling me that Sweden was actually in Thailand. After I read your comment, I checked a map and realized she was, in fact, wrong.

I look forward to the opportunity to report more wildly inaccurate and wholly inappropriate things about the Swedish people. I must say, for a person who pays 99.3 percent in taxes per year, you have an excellent outlook on things. I think I am going to take a post or two off from Oystergate, but I’m sure the rest of the stuff you’ll read on here will be completely and totally lacking in sanity.

Thanks for subscribing, commenting and spending a little time in my bizarre little universe.

Love, peace and hair grease,

A demented Yank

6. #8 by LaughingSwede on January 19, 2011 - 4:47 PM

Haha well I have to say it is a bit hard as a collage drop-out (though I’m think I will get back to our free schools soon again) And the taxes, well knowing that those ~30% is probably giving food to another drop-out like me, without a job, or feeding a singel mothers child, or pays for my grandmothers hospital bills feels great, and still pays for all my alcohol, video games and pizzas… och and aboard holidays 🙂

and I’m looking forward to your next posts 🙂

Cheers 😀
    a sleepy swede

7. #9 by Penny on February 8, 2011 - 2:46 PM

Strange swedish protester without a swedish flag, with thai-letter. Okey swedes often go to thai for some R&R but….

8. #10 by Erick on January 10, 2012 - 3:10 PM

LMAO @ 40 day lingonberry-only fast.

1. Oystergate!?!?! Sarah Palin Responds Angrily « The Tyranny of Tradition
  2. The Most Amazing Thing That Has Ever Happened To Me….THANK YOU SARAH PALIN!!!! « The Tyranny of Tradition