Barely Awake Finnegan

You wandered aimlessly or aimed wondrously
Or maybe both
Or maybe neither
About thyme to waist or maybe just Rosemary’s two thighs
An English major who was not general enough to become an English Major
You wonder if you are nothing but sheep just as ewes wonder if they are nothing but sheep
As they graze off into the distance
But sheep sleep
And dream of themselves jumping over fences
Or maybe neither

(!!!!You probably think that runny eggs are out of shape because they never come out of their shells!!!!!!)

Just as a pastor eyes milk
(Or at least two percent do)
As worms learn to hate silk
(Which we hope isn’t true)
Can a ewe eschew this sort of snafu?
(Or at least creatures of their ilk)
Or maybe neither

My unorthodox friend went to see his uncle in Antioch
(But not his aunt in Uncleoch?!?!?)
Because he is pro-Constantinople
But he can’t wholly see, you see!
Or maybe neither

Kids today I tell you…..
(They grow up to be goats)
Ant live with them……
(Ants ruin a picnic)
Or maybe neither

(!!!!!Are you moving the puppet or is the puppet moving you?????)
A tail wagging a dog
(Told by a mongrel)
Somewhere in Missouri
(Signifying nothing)
Or maybe neither

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

1. #1 by ms. Pibb on October 11, 2011 - 3:17 PM

Does the Dogwood bark or just have some?

2. #2 by Keith Spillett on October 11, 2011 - 3:20 PM

Sheep sleep in a jeep

3. #3 by Keith Spillett on October 11, 2011 - 3:58 PM

Shell I get that for ewe?

4. #4 by John Erickson on October 11, 2011 - 4:27 PM

“Kids … they grow up to be goats”. A finer tale of tail and horn couldn’t be torn from a rip (or from Rip Torn).
    But better Blackjack than Jack Black, unless Jack Black be a panda.
    Better to kung fu to you than panda to the crowd.
    Look!
    Is that a rose I smell, by anty other name a tale told by an idiot,
    Full of bull, yet far more winning than the Bulls, or Bears, or Cubs.
    The better to club a Cub, more annoying than Boy Scouts, and less preferred than the girls with the cookies.
    (That’s as far as I go and keep the response PG-13. 😀 )

• #5 by Keith Spillett on October 11, 2011 - 4:29 PM

I was thinking of old Blackjack when I put that part in.

Donkeys barf when you feed them too many cookies.

5. #6 by Wally Dwight on October 11, 2011 - 4:52 PM

When Keith Spillett
    Does he wipe it clean
    Or leave it to dribble down
    Disturbing thoughts wilst I sleep.
    Ewe say eugh
    Don’t stir me aWake
    Nor goat me to think
    I want back my sheep.

6. #7 by afrankangle on October 13, 2011 - 10:52 AM

In conclusion, why are power and mower pronounced so differently? Thus ponder the different ways to say power mower. Oh well, back to my Tyrone Power movie on TMC.

7. #8 by Keith Spillett on October 13, 2011 - 11:05 AM

The best Tyrone Power film is the one where he ends up a circus geek. I can’t remember the name of the film, but it was really strange. Never thought I’d see Tyrone power bite the head off of a chicken. Can take that off my bucket list now.

8. #9 by Mpho on May 24, 2012 - 1:37 AM

KEITH SWEAT IS making me and all my girls say oooh! Ooh la la la! You give sexy a whole new mennaig~KEITH. Your voice is very melodic, and your music is very soulful. Do you perform in VA anytime soon? You have a lot of fans here. Much luv from VA.